Photo of Susan Stilwell

Susan Catlin Stilwell

Founder & Chairman of the Board

In 2014, Susan saw a tremendous need in the youth mental health community and decided to do something about it. No one could name a nonprofit dedicated to youth mental health and finding real solutions for all the kids suffering. Wanting to get to the core of the problem, she decided to focus on funding research for mental challenges. According to Susan, “AIM’s mission immediately resonated with so many people that the nonprofit founded itself. Improving young people’s mental health is on the agenda, people are talking about it, but the need for research still hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves. I want to fund research that gets results, that helps kids today…that changes and saves lives.” Susan is passionately devoted to the youth mental health movement, spending 99% of her time as a volunteer building AIM, the other 1% of her time she enjoys with her family, biking, tennis, hiking, and traveling!

AIM team member: VP of Operations, Lauren

Lauren Lindenbach

VP of Operations

Lauren brings a range of experience in operations, strategic partner program leadership, project management, client engagement, marketing, and professional selling among for profit endeavors. Most recently, Lauren served as Looker’s Revenue and Partner Program Operations Manager, overseeing their Professional Services team’s strategic integration within Google. She welcomes activities that require being a team player, and loves to enable and celebrate success of those she works with. Lauren’s transition to the nonprofit sector is inspired from her experience volunteering with charitable and community oriented organizations, as well as a passion to bring transformative solutions to scale small teams for big impact, leveraging her for profit background. She is committed to personal development and considers herself fortunate to facilitate AIM’s mission and movement for youth mental health. Outside of work, Lauren enjoys gardening, hiking, reading, and storytelling.

Photo of Sydney Stilwell

Sydney Stilwell

Co-Founder/ Manager, Marketing & Social Media

While a junior in high school, Sydney co-founded AIM Youth Mental Health. Her first mission—to bring together over 300 supporters for AIM’s inaugural AIM for Awareness Walk & Rally. Sydney graduated from the USC Marshall School of Business with a B.S. with an emphasis in entrepreneurship and lives in Los Angeles. She is passionate about people and friendships, and loves AIM mission and the youth mental health movement. Outside of work, she enjoys fly-fishing, skiing, hiking, photography, and traveling.

Jill Suttie, AIM Scientific Journalist

Jill Suttie

Science Journalist

Jill Suttie is a psychologist and science journalist covering social and psychological research focused on youth mental health. She recently joined the AIM team to write about cutting-edge research done by AIM-funded researchers whose findings provide evidence-based strategies for preventing and treating mental health disorders in children. Her hope is that by helping uncover the keys to wellness in kids, it will improve their quality of life in school and beyond. Besides working with AIM, she is a staff writer and contributing editor for Greater Good magazine, a publication of the Greater Good Science Center at the University of California, Berkeley, where she has written about the science of a meaningful life and a cooperative, compassionate society for over 15 years. Her articles and book reviews have been featured in the Washington Post, Yes! Magazine, Mindful, Shareable, and more. Outside of work, she is an avid hiker and a singer/songwriter/recording artist, with two CD’s of original songs that can be found on her website: jillsuttie.com.

AIM Finance - Karen Davis

Karen Davis

Finance

Karen Davis is the long time owner of Quickbooks and Bookkeeping Services on the Monterey Peninsula. She manages AIM’s bookkeeping and financial needs. While not working, Karen enjoys cooking, outdoor activities, and spending time with her family and pets.